Category Archives: Efficiency Tools
My first podcast interview went live today! Thanks Concordia EdTech for hosting me (and if you haven’t checked them out yet, you should- they’ve interviewed some really interesting people, and I feel honored to be a part of their work!).
In the interview, I talk about one of the projects I am currently working on, how technology can support pedagogy, and how Google Apps can improve efficiency/effectiveness.
I’m not exaggerating.
Check this out:
- Users fill out a form online
- The data from each user merges into an individual Google Doc (from a template)
- Those Google Docs (you can also choose to make PDFs) are organized in a folder in Google Drive
- You can automatically send an email with those attached PDFs or Docs
- This can happen when you run the script or as soon as the user submits the form.
I can think of a million uses … Read the rest
I have been in three school districts since I started my career in education- I spent a semester as an intern (I taught three freshman English classes in lieu of student teaching), three years as an English Teacher / Video Production Teacher / Theater Tech Director / Tech Coach, and I just started in a new district as a K-12 Technology Integrator. All three districts put aside common planning time for the same goal: revising and updating curriculum for common … Read the rest